Attention Metrotown SkyTrain riders!
Nov 09 - Dec 31
The way you access Metrotown Station is changing. Upgrades to Metrotown Station are underway that will improve accessibility, capacity, safety and security at one of the busiest stations on the SkyTrain system.
Beginning November 16, Customers will exit the SkyTrain platform via new stairs in the centre stationhouse and continue to the bus loop, mall, office towers and surrounding businesses along Central Boulevard. The pedestrian walkway at Metrotown Station connecting the station to the mall and bus loop will permanently close to allow demolition to begin on the existing east entrance.
Things to consider:
• Plan for an additional five to 10 minutes of travel time to connect to your destination.
• The future bus lane will be used for passengers to travel east or west along the south side of Central Boulevard. Concrete barricades will be installed to separate pedestrians from traffic on Central Boulevard.
• Additional staff will be on hand to help direct travelers.
• Compass Vending Machines and card readers will be located just outside the station. Customers are reminded to tap in and tap out to ensure they pay the correct fare.
• Please note that there will be no escalator access into the station, only stairs. The HandyDART and Community Shuttles will continue to run until the new elevators open in spring 2017.
Thank you for your patience as Translink completes these much-needed upgrades to Metrotown Station and stay tuned for additional updates throughout the project.
Customer Information: 604.953.3333
Monday to Friday: 5:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Overnight Station Upgrade Customer Service: 1.866.979.0930
Monday to Friday: 12:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 11:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.
For more information visit translink.ca/ontrack and translink.ca/Metrotown.